Monday, March 2, 2015

Regency Fashion March 1815



Walking Dress, Ackermann's March 1815

All set for windy weather, though I do wonder how the bonnet will fare.

Here is the official description, but I do not think this is primrose.

PELISSE of short walking length, made of evening primrose-coloured velvet, ornamented down the front with satin trimming; round capes, trimmed to correspond; full lace ruff. 

A French bonnet, composed of white velvet and satin in reversed plaitings, trimmed round the edge with a quilting of lace; full plume of ostrich feathers in the front. 

Half-boots of tan-coloured kid. Gloves, Limerick or York tan.

I think this is a beautifully elegant coat. Reminds me of a coat I had when the maxi fashion first came out.

Until next time……..

No comments:

Post a Comment